Murkomen warns youth against misusing social media.

Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen has urged Kenyan youth to use social media responsibly.

This comes especially as debates continue over recent remarks by Chief of Defence Forces General Charles Kahariri on the “Ruto must go” campaign.

Last week, General Kahariri and National Intelligence Service (NIS) Director Noordin Haji spoke out against the movement.

In which young people in Kenya have actively supported since last year’s protests against President William Ruto’s government.

However, their comments sparked criticism, with many questioning their involvement in political matters.

On Sunday, while speaking at the African Inland Church in Makutano, Meru, Murkomen defended both officials.

He called on young people to listen to their warnings and avoid unnecessary arguments on social media that, he said, could threaten the country’s political stability.

Mind your Country’s future.

“These two leaders are speaking from a place of knowledge, and they are warning you about your country’s future,” Murkomen told the congregation. “But instead, you are busy arguing on social media.”

He stressed the importance of maintaining order in the country. Without it, he warned, Kenya could face instability, just like some of its neighboring nations, where people have been forced to live in refugee camps.

Murkomen also reminded the youth that there are lawful ways to remove leaders from office. He pointed out that elections, impeachment, and legal action exist for such purposes.

“There is a clear process for removing someone from office,” he explained. “You can vote them out during elections, impeach them if necessary, or take legal action if they break the law.”

In addition to discussing political matters, the Interior CS announced new security measures for Samburu County.

To tackle banditry and cattle rustling in the region, the government plans to establish a security base and introduce modern, technology-driven solutions.

“We don’t always need security officers physically present,” Murkomen said. “We will use surveillance equipment to track these criminals in their hideouts and deal with them effectively.”

His remarks came as the government continues efforts to improve security and maintain order across the country.

Follow https://kenyaonline.xyz

More From Author

Kenya receives Ksh.1.8 B Grant from China to improve healthcare

Bees disrupts rescue efforts at an accident in Machakos road

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

Recent Comments