National Hospital Insurance Fund is a government initiative to help its people manage to pay for the hospital bills when sickness knocks unannounced.
However, the government doesn’t pay for your NHIF kitty but rather, you as the beneficiary, will pay monthly subscription of Ksh500.
How to pay for the monthly subscription
- Go to Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa
- Enter 200222as the NHIF Business number
- Account Number, you enter your National ID number.
- You then enter the amount which is Ksh500
- Then enter your Mpesa Pin
You will then receive a message from Safaricom confirming that the payment is successful.
Kenyans are advised to enroll on the NHIF as it makes it easier to pay hospitals bills when one runs out cash.
NHIF works for both in-patient and out-patient, patients for most hospitals in the country including.
NB// NHIF will only help when the monthly subscriptions are made, failure to which, it won’t help you.