Peanuts, also known as groundnuts are legumes so rich in proteins. They are majorly grown in tropics and are ideal for consumption by everyone including children.
Due to its sweetest nature, most people often run to stores to purchase peanut butter. However here is a detailed way on how you can make your own peanut butter at home .
Its simple and free from any chemicals or preservatives.
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Roast the peanuts until golden brown
- Remove the skin by rubbing them together with your hands
- Blend them in a blender
- Add salt and vegetable oil and continue blending to a smooth paste.
- Pour into a glass jar.
Your peanut butter is ready for consumption. However, remember to consume the made butter in a short period because it contains no preservatives.
The vegetable oil is optional because peanuts contains their own oil, however you can peanut oil to help in blending and to achieve the smooth consistency.
Benefits of peanuts.
Peanuts have a wide range of health benefits. Here is a just a few of them.
- Good for children’s growth
- Prevents cancer
- Prevents hair loss
- Help fights depression and anxiety
- Helps with weight management
- Improves memory
- Makes the skin smooth and clear.
- Helps mothers during pregnancy
- Prevents diabetes.