Sun. Dec 10th, 2023

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has declared his mission to secure unwavering backing from the influential Mount Kenya region, a key player in President William Ruto’s rise to power.

Gachagua made this commitment to unite the people of the Mount behind President William Ruto during a church service held in Nandi County, where he presided over a fundraising event at the Kapsabet ACK church.

Acknowledging that he successfully secured a significant 87% of the Mount Kenya votes for President Ruto in the recent elections, Gachagua now aims to secure the remaining 13% to ensure a 100% vote share for Ruto in the 2027 General Elections.

The DP Rigathi Gachagua(fb)

He stressed that President Ruto’s chances of victory, similar to his 2022 win, hinge on a united front from Mount Kenya.

The Deputy President called upon the residents of the region to stand firmly behind the Kenya Kwanza administration and dismiss opposing voices.


Additionally, the second in Command defended his position, stating,

“Why is there controversy when I express this? He (Ruto) seeks votes from those affiliated with Azimio, who were coerced into joining the political party under duress.

My aim is to bring everyone on board to support President William Ruto.”

Gachagua’s remarks followed President William Ruto’s recent statements during his visit to Homabay County, where Ruto emphasized that Azimio la Umoja coalition leader Raila Odinga owed him a political debt.

Ruto reiterated his past support for Odinga, expecting reciprocal support in the 2027 general elections.

Differing from Deputy Rigathi Gachagua’s perspective, President Ruto emphasized his commitment to national unity, asserting that Kenya should not resemble a company owned by shareholders.

therefore, he firmly rejected discrimination based on political affiliations, urging Kenyans not to be swayed by divisive rhetoric.

Instead, he underscored the government’s mission to bring development to every corner of the country.

Follow for more

Leave a Reply